During the winter when temperatures drop below freezing, it’s not uncommon to experience frozen or burst pipes. If you are faced with a plumbing issue, we are here to help. Our plumbing experts have years of experience and the right tools to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Frozen and Burst Pipe Repairs
Burst pipes are a common occurrence when the temperature falls below zero. We act quickly to assist with your frozen pipe issue before it turns into a bigger more costly problem. We offer:
- 24/7 emergency services
- Licensed and certified technicians
- Access to necessary tools and supplies
- Over 70 years of experience
Common Causes of Burst Pipes
Burst pipes can cause expensive water damage inside your home, leading to mold and a range of other issues. Common causes of burst pipes include:
- Freezing temperatures
- Tree roots
- Aging pipes
- Shifting soil
- High water pressure
- Clogs and build-up
Tips to Keep Your Pipes From Freezing
Freezing temperatures are the leading cause of burst pipes. However there are certain precautions you can take to decrease the chances that your pipes will freeze:
- Increase The Temperature: Even if you’re not home, it’s a good idea to keep the heat on during cold weather.
- Insulate Pipes: Professional pipe insulation is a good way to prevent freezing pipes.
- Seal Cracks and Openings: It’s a good idea to seal any cracks and openings to prevent water from seeping in and freezing.
- Allow Faucet to Drip: An open faucet will alleviate pressure in your pipes and decrease the chances of it bursting.
- Keep Interior Doors Open: Pipes are often located in cabinets. Keeping these doors open will allow warm air to heat up your pipes.
- Add Insulation: Pipes are often located in basements, attics, and laundry rooms. Adding insulation to these rooms will keep your pipes warm.
If you’re experiencing a plumbing issue, give us a call. We are ready to assist with fast and reliable services.